- Ask for an application for membership.
- Submit application for membership and the requirements (i.e. Brgy. certification, Residence Certificate). Upon completion of step 1 and 2 you are given a schedule to attend Pre-membership Seminar (PMS).
- Attend the PMS on your scheduled date. The normal PMS day is Saturday 1:00-4:00Pm, subject to questions and answer. Note: before the PMS start you are normally given the Specimen signature card and MBA application. You may fill it up in advance.
- Deposit the required amounts P 100 share, P 100 savings, P 50 MBA membership fee, P90 MBA contribution (1 mo and P90 per mo. thereafter).
- Get your savings and share capital passbook 3 to 4 days after or as may be advice by FICCO staff.
On the other hand, next part is more challenging to a new member. this is to maintain the habit of savings for the next 4 months and to raise P 3,000 in order for him to become a regular member. Over this a member has to maintain P 90 for MBA per month. Mutual Benefit Association (MBA) is the FICCO micro insurance for its members. Insurance is very important for us, I have written an article on this previously titled "Is insurance imporant?"